Sunday 22 February 2009

Stopgap: Baseball Hats Have Always Been Cool.

So I know I should be posting more often, I do. But I'm lazy, and stressed, and thegradcafe.com isn't helping, so I'm not being particularly creative recently. But here's a little something to tide over anybody daft enough to regularly check this site for updates. It could be big.

A few weeks ago when I was in the UK getting myself a nice fancy paper proof of my education to date, I popped into the British Museum and saw these:





Yes, that's right folks, despite wikipedia's implication that its origin may have had something to do with 19th Century sun bonnets, the baseball cap (baseball helmet?) seems to have been around for thousands of years. I'm thinking of submitting this earth-shattering realization in lieu of a thesis, what do you think?

What's that you say? Don't quit my day job, you say?

Ha! I have news for you: I don't have a day job! Thank you, recession! :)

I win.

Peace,

Vellum.

xo.

ps – I promise, I'll lay off the caffeine some time soon.

No comments: